Hart Vets takes your privacy very seriously and we are committed to handling your information in a secure and responsible manner, in line with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
We will need to collect personal information from you under the terms of the contract we have with you. If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations to you. Any data collection that is optional would be made clear at the point of collection.
- We can send you an email and/or text for Appointment and Treatment reminders
- We can send you an email, text and/or letter for vaccination reminders
- If you are a member of our Pet Health Plan. We will send you treatment reminders and we will contact you once a year to ask if you’d like to renew your plan.
- We may also contact you from time to time by email, text and/or post to update you on important and relevant pet information, special offers, competitions or updates from the surgery etc.
- We will never sell your personal details onto any third party without your explicit consent
- We will update and change any communication methods that we have recorded straight away when requested by you. Just let us know by telephone: Bicester: 01869 323223 or Waddesdon: 01296 651000; by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting one of our surgeries.
We may share your personal data with:
- Companies running loyalty schemes/reward schemes that you take part in
- Your pet insurance company
- Other veterinary practices, specialist veterinary referral centres
- Our Practice Management Software support team
- Our Direct Debit administrator
- Our indemnity insurance company
- Microchip company databases
We may collect personal information about you from the following processes:
- When you register with us as a client
- When you talk to us on the phone or in our surgeries
- When you use and complete request forms through our website
- In emails, texts and letters
- In pet insurance claims or other documents
- In customer surveys
- If you take part in our competitions or promotions
- If you use our website and allow “cookies”. Cookies are small files which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive to ‘remember’ who you are. The majority of web browsers accept cookies, but you can change the browser settings to restrict or block all cookies if you wish (refer to your browser help option). However, please be aware that if you do restrict cookies, some functionality may be lost when you use this website. Our website uses web analytic software provided by Google that provides us with anonymous information for statistical purposes such as types of browsers used to access our site, referring sites, most popular pages, path analysis, and geographical information. The information collected is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Subject Access Rights – We will respond to a request for Personal Data within 30 days. This facility is provided free of charge. Please contact our Data Protection Officer by email to email@example.com
Hart Vets reserves the right to pass on your personal data to our relevant Debt Collection agency at the time should your account fall into arrears and such action become necessary.
You have the right to question any information we have about you if you think it is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us if you want to do this. If you do, we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it.
If you wish us to stop using your personal information, you have the right to object to its use, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’. There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data. But please tell us if you think that we should not be using it and we will review your request.
We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your data. This means that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or disputes. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it
- It is not relevant anymore, but you want us to keep it for future use
- You have already asked us to stop using your data, but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep on using it. If you wish to object to how we use your data or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it, please contact us.
How to complain:
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can contact us in writing:
The Practice Manager, Hart Vets, Browning Drive, Bicester, OX26 2XL
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org